AltScene
EliteSingles.com

Injured on the Job

Injured on the Job

Grumman Created Jul 1, 2024 18:31
6 Comments

Have an injury on the job story worth sharing? I didn’t until 6:30 this morning. Attempted to stand up a 150+ lbs block of aluminum on the subplate in my CNC mill, slipped when the plate was at about 45 degrees and smashed the middle finger of my right hand and skinned two knuckles on the left badly. Thought it was broken, ended up needing 5 stitches to close three small cuts, albeit deep enough that I witnessed my own subcutaneous fatty tissue for the first time. Age 40 and only just now had my first experience as a patient in the ER.

I know, lame story and it could have been much worse. Won’t be back to work for at least a week. What’s your cool, bloody story?

This topic has 6 comments

HeartbreakBeat

Jul 1, 2024 21:05

No reportable injuries, though, I have some close calls. I lied, I broke the tip of my pinkie finger when it got smashed between my flashlight and an illegal alien's back.

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Jul 2, 2024 00:16

I had a couple "exposure incidents" which involved small injuries, scalpel cut and a needle poke, however both these sharps had touched patient's blood prior to piercing my skin. As is the nature of my job (healthcare), the worst part wasn't the pain of getting stabbed by a sharp item itself but the fact that I was exposed to possible blood borne pathogens. I didn't get anything, but omg do those scare me.

Mike the mechanic

Jul 3, 2024 21:49

I got a wet Willie with copper grease in the workshop off some FNG who washed out anyway when I was working on motorcycles. It gave me real bad dermatitis that can't be medicated or will cause an ear infection... It's been ten years, and sometimes it still comes back. I get dermatitis all over my fingers all the time but I hate the yellow dead skin and ear wax crust needing picked out when it flares up. The other Mike got fired over it to tell truth. He was a dumb s**t of a loser.

Tackle_Box

Jul 3, 2024 22:22

Layed a bike down at 30mph. Customer didn't tell us lacked brakes. I foolishly neglected to check before the test ride. Learned my lesson the asphalt way.

Ranger Pariah

Jul 4, 2024 12:51

Brooooo! Reading this makes me cringe(in a good way?) on your behalf! I've worked in CNC shops. I've been there Myself man.

Grumman

Jul 5, 2024 16:57

There are so many ways to get grievously injured in a machine shop. It’s actually a wonder that this is my first time on injured reserve in almost 21 years of manufacturing.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.