AltScene
EliteSingles.com

Here's 3 chords. Now start a band.

Here's 3 chords. Now start a band.

Mike the mechanic Created Jul 1, 2024 00:17
4 Comments

I recently did 6 years for A/M of a cop. I had SIX YEARS with no guitar... anyway, when I got out a few weeks ago, I was really rusty, like, REALLY rusty.

I have been self teaching again to build up my skills and have a few tips for any newcomers or those out of practice to quickly build up skills.

Any tricks tips or hacks for aspiring musicians or want to meet other musicians?This is the thread for you.

This topic has 4 comments

Mike the mechanic

Jul 1, 2024 00:18

One tip is to practice power chords by sounding out every string then just strumming it for a good long while to build up muscle memory before changing to the next chord and doing the same.

Mike the mechanic

Jul 1, 2024 00:21

Squier has some really good stuff if you need something affordable and good quality. I recommend the affinity series and the 50th anniversary lines as REALLY good.

Mike the mechanic

Jul 1, 2024 00:23

Charity shops often have good equipment. I got some sheet music in one for £4 instead of £40.

Obviously you can get really lucky and get mics for £20 and bongos and cool s**t sometimes too.

Mike the mechanic

Jul 1, 2024 00:25

Listen to your fingers. If you arexstarting to cause pain sure, sure it's OK to push through but letvthem heal.

If you really have lost your strength in your fingertip skin then use .009 guage strings. It really takes the edge off for a while.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.