AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

The Death penalty ☠️

The Death penalty ☠️

Flyxglitter Created Jul 8, 2024 22:41
78 Comments

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of Wade Wilson VS Florida. A man who is waiting trail to be sentenced life in prison or the death penalty. This shook me. Because I automatically wished for the death penalty. He unremorsefully planned to strangle a girl to Death. After he was successful he stole her car and phone and found another victim. After he killed his second victim he called his dad to tell him. And told his dad when his second victim was still breathing he dragged her out ran her over until she looked like spaghetti.

I don't know the time frame but he has other girlfriends he's tried to strangle. So obviously this was a itch he had been waiting to scratch.

I think it's technically against my religion to believe in the death penalty. And my morals. But I just can't help it I don't want monsters to live on the same planet.

What do you guys think about the Death penalty? And if you know this case what is your thoughts?

This topic has 90 comments

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 8, 2024 23:00

Death penalty is the cowards way out. If we were really all about punishing evil we could 100% build a naglfar, be super easy and they'd feel like, so bad.

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Jul 9, 2024 02:37

Oh i'm going to a new and improved super hell hell + version for my thoughts. Some people don't deserve to live... So you murder people? okies we fix it and take you out of the gene pool. Oh you like to torture people? lets do that to you? the problem is PEOPLE aren't all bad, they cannot imagine doing those things to another, but some can some people are just f**ked up.

Feels weird, rabid animal? put it down? Rabid person? "evolved animal" lets jail it. I swear it would fix a lot of over population in jails if we just took them out back and old yellaed them. I sound awful don't i. But its kinda awful nuanced also, said criminal was abused as a child, so became an abuser... now what?

But imagine if we could do that with the mass murderers that gain power? i mean we've had some giant ole genocides in our time...

Looney

Jul 9, 2024 03:16

I’m very pro death penalty but it needs to be done better. They say it’s crazy expensive to do that but I feel like logistically that could be the cheapest option since it’s one less person to care for in prison for life. So they definitely need to fix whatever makes it so expensive and then kill brutal people like that.

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Jul 9, 2024 03:37

I do in part think some of the poor souls who get abused and treated so badly they become monsters is awful of its self, in my own case i chose not to become one. Amusingly a psych friend i spoke to wanted to use me as a case study, not sure if i should have been offended at her saying i "SHOULD" have become one myself.

But its digressing slightly, but rather on point, monsters are born and some are made though happenstance. I saw all the violence and hate and over the course of years said, doing that to others is wrong. But then even honest to the gods psychopaths know something is wrong in the way they see things. But again, some monsters just revel in it.

How expensive is a bullet anyways? oh not humane huh... I mean its quick? and if there WAS a bad place for awful people to go in the after life... they'd be f**ked for all eternity wouldn't they? gods what a fun topic this is

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 9, 2024 12:02

I know this story flyxglitter.

Apparently he was quite normal as a child etc... it's not till later when he sustained a head injury through playing football or something, he changed. I'm wondering if, he some how damaged the empathy part of the brain.

The interesting thing about psychopaths, not sociopath.
Is they are born, Apparently when they scan the brain, there brains are different, especially in the empathy part of the brain.

Now my question do they believe there born this way, inneutero? Or is it possible they sustained head injuries early in life?? What we call a ABI ( acquired brain injury)

I'm just adding more layers of complexity to things.

The other interesting documentary I watched was people investigating if we should put microchips in the empathy part of a psychopaths brain, to restore there empathy, but some believe it's playing with natural order& may not be consented.

All very interesting I think though.

Grumman

Jul 9, 2024 14:32

Complex issue. As a determinist, I shouldn’t be pro-death because in a world without free will, no one deserves anything, neither praise nor condemnation. As Insidious notes, brain chemistry makes all the difference, and injury, psychological and emotional trauma, and just plain bad genetic luck are not things one chooses to have happen to them.

If this is really what I think, then the death penalty is only useful so long as it has some positive utility in society, i.e., serves as a deterrent. Apparently studies show that it doesn’t really curtail violence and never has. In less civilized times it was done publicly and served to brutalize the culture and normalize violence. In modern times the process is glacially slow, private, and as humane (in the West) as it can be made to be, so few if any criminals fear it. I believe the expense is primarily due to the appeals process and the costs of court, not the actual execution itself.

All this said, something instinctual in me still wants vengeance. Society seems to have a need for collective vengeance. Many of us closely link capital punishment and justice. Perhaps that’s cultural, perhaps it’s evolutionary, I don’t know. I do know that I think heinous, unrepentant killers should be removed permanently from this world and should be made to suffer immensely, not be killed “humanely.”

Mercurius Mesmerize

Jul 9, 2024 16:52

^ The internet, the social internet hath brought thirst for vengeance mixed with good ol' mob mentality... based purely on out of context 30 second clips. Its the need for bleed. Someone has to pay, for some reason... I guess a lot of people have issues.

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Jul 9, 2024 17:44

I have mixed feelings on the death penalty. On the one hand, really violent murderers shouldn't ever be let back on the streets, but life in prison also accomplishes that task. On the other hand it gives closure to families of those killed and provides a sense of "safety" in a way, as in the person is dead and for sure will not be released.

My only issue with it is that innocent people do end up being found guilty sometimes, only to be released later, but one cannot be released from death.

I agree with Grumman in that it's complicated

DSBM99

Jul 9, 2024 17:52

I don't understand why we just don't to tests on them. Like if they are 100% found guilty and are sentenced to death then why can't we do experiments on them? This will definitely help boost our knowledge of certain diseases or cancers.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 9, 2024 18:02

We could make them eat apple seeds and then they will grow trees in their tummies and we can repopulate the rainforests.

They'll need to get a lot of sun though, so we should have them hang around sunny places, like childrens parks.

Looney

Jul 10, 2024 02:41

I’m pro testing too! It makes zero sense to test on animals. We aren’t the same creatures. We should test on humans.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 03:45

Yes Neon!

To quote this. "My only issue with it is that innocent people do end up being found guilty sometimes, only to be released later, but one cannot be released from death."

That's my major issue with it. & who's to say people aren't corrupt within the criminal punishment system & they can frame up people for murder, that are just simply out spoken about something they don't like.

We don't have death penalty in Australia, we haven't for sometime. 1967 by hanging.

I heard statistics the other day 1 in 25 people are psychopaths. The thing is most psychopaths wreack havoc in society but they don't necessarily murder or become kilkers or serial killers.

I also looked up the jobs psychopaths are attracted too.

TECH
The Top 10 Jobs That Attract Psychopaths
Kelly Clay
Former Contributor
I write about social media, startups and technology trends.
Jan 5, 2013,12:20am EST
Updated Jan 5, 2013, 12:27am EST
This article is more than 10 years old.
uncaptioneduncaptioned
Everyone I have ever worked with has, at some point, called another colleague or coworker “crazy.” But does your job actually attract true psychopaths? In the book “The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success,” Kevin Dutton explains that there are jobs that can attract literal psychopaths – and also jobs that are least likely to do so.

It’s important to note that a psychopathic person isn’t necessarily one that is set out to kill others (even though you might feel as such on a Wednesday afternoon in the office.) In reality, psychopaths merely – and typically – just lack emotions and empathy, or the ability to identify with others. Dutton has said that ”a number of psychopathic attributes [are] actually more common in business leaders than in so-called disturbed criminals — attributes such as superficial charm, egocentricity, persuasiveness, lack of empathy, independence, and focus.”

This may explain why many of the jobs attractive to psychopaths – such as CEO’s, salespeople and media types – are often found in the tech industry.

So what jobs are most attractive to psychopaths? Here’s the list, originally published online by Eric Barker:

1. CEO

2. Lawyer

3. Media (Television/Radio)

4. Salesperson

5. Surgeon

6. Journalist

7. Police officer

8. Clergy person

9. Chef

10. Civil servant

I find that interesting too.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 03:45

Yes Neon!

To quote this. "My only issue with it is that innocent people do end up being found guilty sometimes, only to be released later, but one cannot be released from death."

That's my major issue with it. & who's to say people aren't corrupt within the criminal punishment system & they can frame up people for murder, that are just simply out spoken about something they don't like.

We don't have death penalty in Australia, we haven't for sometime. 1967 by hanging.

I heard statistics the other day 1 in 25 people are psychopaths. The thing is most psychopaths wreack havoc in society but they don't necessarily murder or become kilkers or serial killers.

I also looked up the jobs psychopaths are attracted too.

TECH
The Top 10 Jobs That Attract Psychopaths
Kelly Clay
Former Contributor
I write about social media, startups and technology trends.
Jan 5, 2013,12:20am EST
Updated Jan 5, 2013, 12:27am EST
This article is more than 10 years old.
uncaptioneduncaptioned
Everyone I have ever worked with has, at some point, called another colleague or coworker “crazy.” But does your job actually attract true psychopaths? In the book “The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success,” Kevin Dutton explains that there are jobs that can attract literal psychopaths – and also jobs that are least likely to do so.

It’s important to note that a psychopathic person isn’t necessarily one that is set out to kill others (even though you might feel as such on a Wednesday afternoon in the office.) In reality, psychopaths merely – and typically – just lack emotions and empathy, or the ability to identify with others. Dutton has said that ”a number of psychopathic attributes [are] actually more common in business leaders than in so-called disturbed criminals — attributes such as superficial charm, egocentricity, persuasiveness, lack of empathy, independence, and focus.”

This may explain why many of the jobs attractive to psychopaths – such as CEO’s, salespeople and media types – are often found in the tech industry.

So what jobs are most attractive to psychopaths? Here’s the list, originally published online by Eric Barker:

1. CEO

2. Lawyer

3. Media (Television/Radio)

4. Salesperson

5. Surgeon

6. Journalist

7. Police officer

8. Clergy person

9. Chef

10. Civil servant

I find that interesting too.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 03:47

Whoops i was supposed to only copy paste 1 to 10 forget above, or don't. Lol

Grumman

Jul 10, 2024 13:47

All that list shows to me is that psychopaths could be anywhere. I’ve known a little about this topic for a while ever since studying the Columbine High School massacre where one of the killers, Eric Harris, was deemed to be psychopathic after the fact. And yes, the vast majority don’t turn out to be serial or spree killers, they end up being everything between CEOs and low level con men. However, none of them choose to be this way. Once you remove the element of free will, the calculus of blame and guilt changes dramatically. For instance, the guy who shot up the University of Texas from a clock tower decades ago knew something was wrong with his brain. He had suddenly become much more violent and couldn’t seem to control it. In his death note he talked about this and said the authorities should study his brain after he was gone. Sure enough, he had developed a large tumor that significantly interfered with normal brain function. How much blame should we assign to a person in this position? Now consider that we are all only the sum of our genetics and our conditioning. Is punishment in the way we commonly think about it really the best way to deal with criminal behavior?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 14:16

That is one of my points Grumman, so many more factors to consider. Science can explain so much more then just slapping the label, there just evil. Oh psychopaths don't have empathy, they would make great ceo's firing people & protecting the bottom line (profit) over people, there also usually charming & blend well into the community.

Sociopath as the name suggests Sociopaths (social) are made not born, there not usually charming, they don't usually blend into society well. They are a product of a bad system & bad environment.

There's lots of things to consider.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 14:24

Psychopaths would be great as surgeons, no remorse if things go wrong.

Ceos, lawyers, media/journalists, cops, clergy. All great places to hide out, have power, influence people, do bad. You can see why it might attract such people's.

Lexi_poo

Jul 10, 2024 14:26

I think the death penalty is good because why should we spend the countries money to home and feed certain people. That money can be used to help people instead of being used to feed a murderer or rapist for 50 years.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 10, 2024 14:41

Extra money used to help people? Thats not how the government works!

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 14:52

Depends which government in the world your talking about. I guess.

Or perhaps what government we allow to run things, & what we allow & accept as the norm, a defeatist attitude.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 14:55

Wait governments, where did that come from jay bellington. Lol

I guess government members are another form of ceo or public servants.

Serving themselves most likely. 🤭

Lexi_poo

Jul 10, 2024 15:19

The Government still provides benefit, i'd prefer almost anything that they spend it on rather then feeding a pedo for 50 years.

Lexi_poo

Jul 10, 2024 15:19

than*

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 10, 2024 15:51

The government ARE the pedo, what a twist!

Lexi_poo

Jul 10, 2024 15:58

However much you point out the bad things about a Government, it's still needed and funding all the services we use. Funding a prison for horrific crimes of people who will never be released is the ultimate waste of money in my opinion.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 10, 2024 16:04

BBB

Jul 10, 2024 16:59

There isn't a government in the world I would trust with the power to execute people.

Lexi_poo

Jul 10, 2024 17:45

But you trust them to lock people away for the rest of their life? Like that's any better?

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 10, 2024 17:53

I dont think he said that at all.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 19:40

I think someone who blocked me said something about governments, that I can't see. Lol damn!

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 10, 2024 19:55

That was me, my bad, v. sorry

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 10, 2024 20:13

No jay it was probably that lexi person, cause he finds everything disgusting 🤭

Mike the mechanic.

Jul 11, 2024 00:55

I believe in rough justice but if a man were wrongly executed then the cops are the murderers or manslaughter at least. So no.

Also how does killing the next guy make it right ?

It's. Not going to give any closure. Using lethal force is an inescapable reality of the universe, it happens when you swat a fly, or a squirrel eats a worm.

Let them have a right of reply and don't be like them.

Two wrongs is not a right. Sometimes justice takes time.

I am hugely opposed to the death penalty how can twelve random having a chin wag at a sabre rattling be an exemption to murder?

Some laws are just unenforceable, the death penalty is stupid. It's too unwieldy for a big faceless beurocracy to handle.

Mike the mechanic.

Jul 11, 2024 00:56

What we need is Judge Dredd.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 11, 2024 11:49

Crowcification we just had a big conversation up there about psychopaths ^^ they lack empathy. Not all psychopaths murder or kill. A lot cause chaos in society.

It well I imagine a lot dont feel much remorse sending people to war, & perhaps some join the military to murder & enjoy it.
It's interesting, you raised that topic. I imagine the ones that do feel guilt, remorse are the ones that suffer ptsd. It's a complex topic, because I sometimes think regular people can justify bad behaviour to themselves occasionally.

BBB I agree

Mr Beelzeebubbles

Jul 11, 2024 17:43

I don't believe in the death penalty. It fails on every point. It's not cheaper (the legal process in the US is more expensive than just sticking the c**t in jail for the rest of their life). It's not a deterrent (states with the death penalty have higher crime rates). It's racist (black people are twice as likely to be executed for the same crime). It's irrevocable (can't undead someone when new evidence exonerates them)

The great example I've seen was bought up by Ian Hislop on Question Time. In the height of The Troubles, 6 people of Irish heritage where arrested, charged and found guilty of an IRA bombing that killed and injured dozens of people. If Britain still had the death penalty, they would have almost certainly hanged.

Turns out, they were beaten and tortured into signing confessions, and the police actively suppressed evidence exonerating them. If they'd been killed, not only would this have been the state sanctioned murder of 6 innocent people, but it would have created 6 more martyrs for the republican cause, further inflaming tendons and leading to god knows how many subsequent deaths.

Grumman

Jul 12, 2024 01:36

Obviously there are many cases where people are convicted based on evidence and testimony, however flawed, but what about cases where the person is caught in the act or immediately after and there is no dispute over guilt? James Holmes was caught in the act of murdering a dozen people with an AR-15 at a theater in Aurora, Colorado. There is no need for excess court costs, appeals, processes, etc. A person like this should be killed like the rabid dog threat to society they have actually proven themselves to be.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 12, 2024 10:24

What if it turns out they have an evil twin?

Then which one do we shoot!?

Grumman

Jul 12, 2024 13:25

The plot of Disney’s Star Wars offshoot “The Acolyte” in a nutshell. Now streaming!

(It’s crap, don’t watch it.)

Throne of Bear

Jul 12, 2024 13:27

Watched it

Agreed

Grumman

Jul 12, 2024 13:30

Aw you watched it? I’m truly sorry. I’ve watched critiques of it from the YouTuber RobotHead and that’s been enough to convince me it was garbage. Great channel, btw. Aussie guy with a great sense of humor.

Throne of Bear

Jul 12, 2024 13:36

Yeah I stuck it on. The star wars stuff feels like regurgitated s**t these days.

Psychopatrish

Jul 12, 2024 13:37

I still can't believe the state of Florida wants to terminate Deadpool?

Major Stryker didn't create the mutant killer with the anticipation he'd be so easily intimidated by America's wang. 💉

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 12, 2024 13:47

I really liked the poster for The Acolyte. It was a really neat poster.

Also Stryker never gave Deadpool his powers, read a comic, stop being such a geeknerd.

Grumman

Jul 12, 2024 15:05

Uh oh! Nerd fight!

Flyxglitter

Jul 13, 2024 05:10

Y'all might give me the death penalty for saying this... Comic books and star wars are silly 🪿😜 haha probably because I don't quite understand them.

Darkhorse1215

Jul 13, 2024 09:08

AS a believer in eternal souls, get rid of hardcore psychopaths. That is the one demographic that we should actually genocide to make the world a better place. Just sayin'.

Darkhorse1215

Jul 13, 2024 09:17

At very least, learn how to see them and limit them to very limited and average lives to where they can't be directly responsible for another living being. Marginalize them instead of worship them like you sick, conformist faggots do.

Psychopatrish

Jul 13, 2024 10:40

I resemble that remark!^^

DSBM99

Jul 13, 2024 11:28

https://youtube.com/shorts/rA6AFdYIqB4?si=Fib5jH3VHYrw3snV

Darkhorse1215

Jul 13, 2024 11:33

Live and let live...until someone doesn't. Until someone makes others miserable to get their kicks, then f**k 'em. Put 'em in the howers".

Do whatever degenerate s**t you want, as long as there is free will on both sides, If there is force or manipulation, f**k you, you get gassed in my world. Let us eat predators.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 13, 2024 12:03

Darkhorse1215

Jul 13, 2024 12:20

Peepee sack.

Grumman

Jul 14, 2024 05:43

The problem is, psychopaths are actually really good at running large companies because they have absolutely no compunction about making difficult decisions that affect the lives of hundreds or thousands of employees. Being decisive has its merits.

But seriously, psychopaths are difficult to identify and isolate because they’re so good at lying.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 14, 2024 13:28

🤦🏻‍♀️

Jack of all Trades

Jul 14, 2024 21:49

"I still can't believe the state of Florida wants to terminate Deadpool?

Major Stryker didn't create the mutant killer with the anticipation he'd be so easily intimidated by America's wang. 💉"

Deadpool also popped into my mind reading the thread title. You can't easily kill Wade Wilson

Psychopatrish

Jul 15, 2024 04:30

^Great minds Jack my friend. 🧠 💡

Darkhorse1215

Jul 15, 2024 14:31

@ Grumman, if they'd just stop being predatory and contribute to societal decency instead of degeneration, or at least just pursue interests that don't hurt anyone else, I guess I could accept them.

As long as they act in a predatory manner, I say gas 'em. Unequivocally. I believe that for human society to progress to a near-utopian state, the majority have to choose to be neither predators nor prey. That dynamic has no place in enlightened society. Therefore, people need to stop being psychos and pussys.

Darkhorse1215

Jul 15, 2024 14:35

We need to breed out both wolves and sheep, and make a world of Stegosaurs. I won't bother you until you f**k with me, and then I'll smash your faggotory face with my tail. That's the gamma/sigma s**t humanity needs to be on to go to new heights.

The idea of big corporations and the efficiency of making "hard decisions" is still caught up in a manufactured scarcity mindset. Still in a world of willing predators and prey. Bulls**t. It's bulls**t, and it's bad for ya.

Mike the mechanic.

Jul 17, 2024 00:05

Why not put people in jail and let the inmates be the safety net?

Effectively an under he counter death penalty not administered by the state but by people who come to know them personally?

As bizarre as it sounds, some asshole killing 20 people with am AR15 is horrendous but it's still two wrongs don't make a right. If they shoot him on the spot then face their own checks FINE but a big chinwag at a sword rattling by a bunch of asholes getting paid for it then killing a guy or woman is WRONG.

DEATH is a part of life, and so is killing but I cannot agree with state sanctioned death penalties outside of a war zone.

Donald Trump however I would say is turning the USA into a BATTLEFIELD.

Where oh where does one little lie lead? As if that bastard doesn't belong in a cell in thr Hague...

Mike the mechanic.

Jul 17, 2024 00:10

2 wrongs don't make a right. If it were crime boss who is still a threat then it is a self defence decision.

The last hang man I'm Britain wrote a book on the topic. He was strongly against the death penalty. He said he never stopped a single murder.

There can be due process of law without execution. Short of a war zone anyway.

Psychopatrish

Jul 17, 2024 04:17

^What if the perp is a pedo cop?

Anthony55

Jul 17, 2024 19:29

This girl is a liar with her fake picture

FwiFfOooO o

Jul 18, 2024 08:40

IM FRKM Buenes AIRED AND I SAY KILL EM ALL

cloud

Jul 26, 2024 02:23

When Prometheus stole fire from the gods he was chained to a rock and a giant eagle ate out his liver every day

That is what murderers deserve

Pain without end life in a limbo no easy way out from their crime

Also they should be forced to do labor no amenities no books
Only cruel and usual punishment

FwiFfOooO o

Jul 26, 2024 02:31

promethius was freed

DÜmR

Jul 26, 2024 03:42

The money thing becomes irrelevant. The prison industrial complex makes so much money off those prisoners, alive. So let's not use the "Save the taxpayers money, just kill 'em" argument. It might be different on Death Row, but overall, prisoners are making the government way more money than it's costing them. I personally don't think killing someone is the worst thing we can do to them, so if that's the point, them we missed the mark. I think it is the point, and that's because it's biologically ingrained in us (most) to keep alive, at almost all costs.

DÜmR

Jul 26, 2024 04:00

@Gru: So when executions were more public, did that type of desensitization to death only create more violence? Or is that what's theorized? Because that makes a lot of sense to me.

And as far as the vengeance aspect goes, if the victims family members truly think it will ease their pain, even a little, then I sway closer to pro death penalty. As I understand it, judges do take family members wishes into account when sentencing.

And then there's the cases where the perp was horribly abused growing up, and that opens up a whole nother can of worms.

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Jul 26, 2024 04:01

I wonder who Anthony is talking about

Grumman

Jul 26, 2024 13:15

Dümr, yes I think that’s the theory. It’s like how there’s a normalization of violence in modern cultures through the popular consumption of violent media. It’s not necessarily a straight line between playing violent video games or watching violent movies and then killing someone, and mass violence obviously existed prior to mass media. It’s probably much more complicated a relationship than I understand.

As for family members of victims,I’m always surprised by how many stand firm in their need for vengeance long after the crime was committed against their loved one. There’s usually a lengthy gap of time between the sentence and the execution being carried out, and one might think their feelings toward the perpetrator would soften over 15-20 years, but this is often not the case.

WalterLuigi

Jul 28, 2024 04:18

Wait wait wait.... Dudes name is legit Wade Wilson? Lol

DÜmR

Jul 28, 2024 05:17

@Gru, that's some interesting stuff. I'm going to see what I can find on it. It seems to have some logic. I can only imagine what watching a public execution was like a long time ago. I could see how a person wouldn't be as impacted the 15th time as opposed to the 1st.

I went through a pretty powerful loss when I was 14. It's surreal how that sort of thing stays with a person. I would like to think that after such a long time I would eventually soften to thinking they don't have to die over this, but really have no idea how I'd take that. I'm guessing there's something hardwired into us that makes it incredibly hard to move towards acceptance, or some next stage of that grief, not that grief is linear, but, you know...

Mercurius Mesmerize

Jul 28, 2024 10:32

There is the saying, "when on a path of revenge, dig two graves". Because no matter how much revenge you serve out you will not only not get back what is taken from you, but also you in turn serve the damage of vengeance upon yourself. It is a consuming and self destructive cycle.

You don't have to forgive, but you should not let it linger in you.

WalterLuigi

Jul 29, 2024 19:22

Agreed Mercurius, revenge and holding onto anger is like "drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" or "holding a hot coal and expecting someone else to get burnt" as the sayings go.

Grumman

Jul 30, 2024 01:00

It seems like a very strong, instinctual response though, which makes me wonder what its evolutionary purpose is.

Anthony55

Jul 30, 2024 09:32

Anyone watch how wolverines/Deadpool killed a lot of bodyguards

No Photo

JayFunnier

Jul 31, 2024 14:26

Godamn we got Ryan Reynoldso n here, Biden used to be on here, Altscene is basically the hotspot for celebrity dating.

DÜmR

Jul 31, 2024 17:28

Why are all the celebrities so sad? There's only so much bad poetry I can read.

Kosteevo

Jul 31, 2024 22:50

I've always felt that it's a case of... You did it so we are justified in doing it as well. Not a strong enough case for me.

Mox

Aug 6, 2024 05:49

i do not believe in an afterlife so death penalty isn't a punishment. the fact is some people belong in a cage the rest of their life they are to dangerous to be outside in society. sad thing about that is we law abiding citizens have to pay to keep them fed every year which isn't fair, so nobody wins.

hugs4you

Aug 6, 2024 14:57

THE DEATH PENALTY for those who deserve it such as serial killers and that guy in Florida who killed all those people.. What if your family member was murdered on a street because the murderer wanted money, then killed your mother? If I could kill that person should I get the death penalty? The death penalty should be case bye case.
MOX I agree prison for life is more torturous than death... AND people do get framed for murder....Something to think about..

hugs4you

Aug 6, 2024 14:59

Watch the movie THE GREEN MILE it may change the way you think about the death penalty.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Aug 6, 2024 16:52

I am 100% in for trial by combat but only if its turn-based.

DÜmR

Aug 6, 2024 22:00

Lmao. But what if you don't get to go first?

No Photo

JayFunnier

Aug 6, 2024 22:05

Well thats just how rolling for initiative works.

Soul_Insurgent

Aug 8, 2024 04:34

I believe there should be the death penalty. But not lethal injection.

Lets make it into entertainment - live action. We bringing back gladiatorial combat! Criminal 1 gets put against criminal 2 - winner survives another day. The one who doesn't? Well...the crows won't go hungry. If they refuse to fight...toss in a few more or give them lead enemas.

Either way, they need to suffer.

Lock them into a dark closest with a carnivore thats high on angel dust?

I can think of PLENTY of ways they get their subscription to life cancelled and suffer for what they did.

A decade ago, in 2014 - a father killed his infant...to keep playing xbox.

I can't even begin to tell you the creative ways I thought of to make that person suffer.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Aug 8, 2024 09:22

No i think if anyone wanted trial by combat it would have been brought up 4 comments ago.

Grumman

Aug 8, 2024 13:48

I actually do want trial by combat, I just didn’t want to be the first to mention it. I didn’t want you all to think I was a bloodthirsty psychopath sadist.

Soul_Insurgent

Aug 8, 2024 17:54

@Grumman. I got no problem mentioning it. I just don't frequent the forums. lol

And I don't want trial by combat. Both of these people aren't getting out. They are getting the death penalty - they've already had their trial.

This is a fight to the death, every day until they die.

No Photo

JayFunnier

Aug 8, 2024 18:54

No Crow, if you had mentioend it earlier someone would have mentioned that 5 comments ago.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.