AltScene
EliteSingles.com

What song would you have played at your funeral?

What song would you have played at your funeral?

Fallenfromgrace Created Jun 16, 2020 21:10
42 Comments

And why?

This topic has 99 comments

lokiinlove

Jun 16, 2020 21:18

It can't rain all the time - Jane Siberry (From The Crow soundtrack)

Stagger Lee

Jun 16, 2020 21:23

Surely you get two songs. One in. One out.

Torn over the first. Bowie? Beethoven?

Out. Rolling Stones. Paint it Black. That is and always will be my number one song.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 16, 2020 21:26

Oh s**t! - The Buzzc**ks cos everyone in the world will say it when they hear the terrible news.

I Want to be a Tree - Tim pope because well I like trees and was having a bit of romance with my favourite one earlier actually.

It's All Over Now baby Blue - Van Morrison cos I am a big baby who often wets himself and I have stunning blue eyes. And also I be dead.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 16, 2020 21:39

Which Bowie would you go for though Lee? Too many belters to chose from I think.

Hello Spaceboy? The Man Who Sold The World? Queen Bitch? No scrap that one cos I don't want that blue haired freak bullying me on here again.

Stagger Lee

Jun 16, 2020 21:50

Too many to choose. If I had to pick one here and now.. Five Years?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 16, 2020 21:54

Actually hell yea Five Years is very apt. Very sad that Bowie decided to go back to his own planet but his mission was complete and he knew what was coming. Major Tom done gone took right off in his tin can spaceship far far away from Earths troubles.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 21:18

Four Seasons-Vivaldi

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 21:51

A friend used my first choice. Now I say silent lucidity is the perfect song.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 22:12

I can't be arsed. It doesn't matter the slightest to me.

Only thing it matters for is the people who cared about me who keep on living. I hope they find a sond that will help them get over their loss.
I'm not egoistic, I don't want to make my dealth all about me, you know?
It's for them, to comfort and inspire

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 22:14

Sorry about the typos.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 22:58

Dust in the wind.
Summertime janice joplin.
Fortunate son Clearance Clearwater Revival
Chains Fleetwood Mac.
Bonobo migration full album
To win murphy Bjork tori Amos (some of my family would be involved let them have a choice)
Daft punk (they would throw a party like you never seen it)
Korn issues album
Tool (all of them)
NIN ghost 4
Then the rest
Led Zeppelin all of them
Some films if someone get bored... they got money I belive in my Mothers honest work.
Also my Dad is still young.
Anyway...
QOTSA
The White stripes icky thump album.
Then some Doors.
Charisma is in fashion.
Finish it off with the Beatles ( polish session Żuki)
Dżem.
Some good quality polish ska.
And jazz. Like Urszula Dudziak.
Make peszek w kolaboracji z Pati Yang. ( I'm still alive so it can happen).

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 23:41

B. This is what some people refer to as a participation game, that perhaps will inspire or give insight via a persons music choice, and possibly prick the interests of people to investigate song choices.

By taking some kind of stance against playing along, you have ironically made your comment all about yourself taking some kind of moral high ground. Couldn't just play along could you...?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 17, 2020 23:42

Manowar - crown and the ring. Until I can find something more absurd for the occasion.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 01:21

Reverse,
Nah It's not that. I was maybe more answering the why than the what. Seeing that I posted I do play along. I don't have much time to spend on this forum. When I do, I like to share ideas or have a joke (dry wit, if you're getting it). Just simply stating a song feels a bit empty to me.
I'm definately not trying to take moral high ground.

So. Stating a song, but it doesn't have to be on my funeral.
Moby - Living (from the Animal Rights album)
Heck, play the entire album.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 01:35

I would my Friend from the best country ever.
I need to watch some violent p**n on my magical tv and it will all go away. The only problem I do mine on headphones.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 09:47

A couple that always get used are The Doors - The End which is great if your goal is to make your family suicidal or Always Look on the Bright Side of Life by Montey Python which is funny yes but so done to death literally.

If I even have any family or friends who give a s**t I just want sticking in an oven and forgetting about like the worlds worst Pizza. Dead is dead people. If you must just celebrate their life like some of us do and just dance and laugh and be merry rather than all sad eating cheap sammiches in a smelly old pub and talking about what a good heart the person had.

Nah I want all of my k1nks and sickness to be celebrated if anything and people can agree I was just a filthy old bastard and then proceed to piss on masse on my headstone or tree I have been sprinkled on.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 17:06

B. just happens to be more mature. He didnt like the idea of stating what his last meal would be on death row either because he has no intention of being on death row, LOL

Stagger Lee

Jun 18, 2020 17:19

B. I haven't checked your profile, so I'm just throwing this out there. Are you Dutch?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 18:10

Yes I am, excellent guess! Did my choice of words gave me away? Grammar? The colour in my grayscale profile pic?

Thanks Wilhelmina! Though I wouldn't say I'm that mature I'm a kid at heart figuring out what life is all about, in a playful fashion.

Still playing along with the 'participation game':
Ludicrous suggestion: '...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears'. Because I think it's many people's guilty pleasure by now.

Stagger Lee

Jun 18, 2020 18:57

It's just something in the syntax. One of my best mates is from Utrecht, and every time I've seen one your posts, weirdly, I always read it in his voice.

And yes, the greyscale was obviously a dead giveaway

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 19:03

Have been to some Dutch venues? In Utrecht, Tivoli Oude Gracht was a really nice place with great concerts!

I've seen A Place To Bury Strangers there. Heavily distorted instruments at 120+ dBA (point is: you feel the music) and that clean, calm voice. So dark and enchanting.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 19:05

Yesterday I realised im better then Me.
I am.
I must be.
What did I miss?

Stagger Lee

Jun 18, 2020 19:50

@B, I've been to a couple of venues (very sketchy memory, even at the best of times), but not around Utrecht. Though I was supposed to have seen Idles there a few months ago. Helling?

Thanks for the tip about the venue. I'll be sure to try and check out.

Stagger Lee

Jun 18, 2020 19:51

^Covid compliant, obviously.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 19:55

You missed me Twiggy surely?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 21:27

I did.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 18, 2020 21:40

Oh that hit me straight in the feels, I knew we were in love as soon as you accepted my invitation to have puppies.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 19, 2020 00:06

Missed like a hole in the head is what she meant to say.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 19, 2020 00:34

Hey I resemble that remark. Just because you fail to fall for my charms Mr.San Pedro doesn't mean that everyone will. People need the right type of eye to see and appreciate me and not many people do but it isn't going to stop me searching. Now behave your spiky little rascal or I will chop you up and eat you for the Mescaline content.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 00:26

Cactus. I love and you still have as shieldmaiden just as you see im clingy as eff an you need to have a flower on top. Anyway have you got a cat and why are you such a prickly Man?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 00:27

Neim meet not so imaginary husband of mine mr. Prick i think i just divorced you

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 08:58

A flower... I'm not really that kind of cactus.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 09:29

Cactus he admitted to coming wile we spoken about sexual stuff. Im not made of wood you know. And i laugh a lot. Anyway can you please forget that day.
Did I miss something?
Is he married?
Im sorry i shoykd not ask personal wuestions on forum.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 09:30

I mean are you married?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 09:30

Cactus Sir im panicking.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 10:50

I am not a massive Cactus expert but I think they all flower RMC. My San Pedro has nevr flowered but they randomly do.

Hey Twiggy I am not the type of twisted sick old f**k who would masturbate to a picture of your bare feets while speaking to you on the phone. That was a horrible thing for you to say and people will get the wrong idea of me and think I am some kind of perverted old freak. I am just a square who is innocent and doesn't do filthy sexual acts because I am indeed a Monk.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 20, 2020 19:33

Don't fear the reaper, Blue Oyster cult

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 21, 2020 00:37

Metal doesn't flower.

Mercurius Mesmerize

Jun 21, 2020 00:47

Bright eyes - Simon and Garfunkel.

No Photo

Shadow

Jun 21, 2020 04:15

Rachmaninoff op. 3 no. 2 in C# minor

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 21, 2020 07:29

HAH Rachmaninoff be damned, Rossini all the way.

If I wasn't immortal I would chose these songs.

Big d**k by Little Big

Look Mom No Head by The Cramps

Angry Inch by Hedwig and the Angry Inch

People Who Died by Jim Carrol

I'm Going Home from The Rocky Horror Show

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 21, 2020 09:11

Neim you left me alone for a night.
How could you?
You see? You should not di this!
We did talk about it!
I mean now what's gonna happened?
What am I going to do now?

Im gona brush my hair and go on the next thread.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 21, 2020 09:18

You were flat out asleep little lady finally after me demanding you go to bed about three times during the day. You're learning though so that gets a tick on your good behaviour chart.

Beardenvy159

Jun 23, 2020 21:53

I would have city and colour - body in a box

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 24, 2020 07:35

Rise - Public Image LTD

writerguy

Jun 24, 2020 10:12

I quite fancy Motorhead's Killed By Death

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 24, 2020 10:29

The Vandals - My Girlfriend's Dead

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 24, 2020 10:43

writerguy: Nice one! \m/_

Winterfrosst

Jun 24, 2020 13:55

GG Allin- "When I Die"
Lynyrd Skynyrd- "Tuesday's Gone"
Metallica- "Fade To Black
Absurd- "Mourning Soul"
The Beatles- "Across The Universe"
Bob Marley- "Redemption Song"
Testament- "The Ritual"
Testament- "Return To Serenity"
Styx- "Come Sail Away"
Nirvana- "Something In The Way"

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 24, 2020 13:59

Oh hell yeah just what every funeral needs is GG 'I eat my own turds and smear them all over myself daily' Allin.

Social distancing was invented for us to steer clear of that smelly pop lover. I suppose he never got sun burned at least.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 25, 2020 02:47

The Titanic my heart will live on {Flute version}
Coffin Song

Winterfrosst

Jun 25, 2020 21:32

EnkiNeim,
If you had ever listened to "When I Die" you would know that there is absolutely no mention of excrement at all. Nobody really cares about your weak, generic assessment of the late great GG. If you don't like him, then don't f**king listen to him. Of course, that particular section was for the songs i would play at MY funeral, not yours. And i have to tell you that if the nihilistic woman beating Vandals is who you would pick a song from for your funeral, then you are seriously a fine one to talk down on GG.
"She's gotta know you have the upper hand
A woman can't respect a weak man
And if she talks back, you know you've gotta smack her down
Give her the smack of love
It keeps her coming around"
. .and i know perfectly well that those aren't the lyrics to the song you want for your funeral, but they are Vandals lyrics. But i guess beating women is acceptable, as long as theres no s**t on their hands.
One more thing, GG could not possibly be rolling around in his own s**t everyday. He has been dead for 25 years.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 30, 2020 22:43

I have no preference. I’ll be dead so whatever comforts my family if they even decide to have a funeral for me I guess.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 30, 2020 22:54

^ See ReverseCactus, another one with a comparable opinion about it like me!

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 30, 2020 23:21

What, so two wrongs make a right? Well if it makes you feel better about your own insubordination...

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 30, 2020 23:26

Yes, it does

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 1, 2020 07:07

Ripple in the water by The Greatful Dead

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 1, 2020 15:57

In Nomine Satanas - Hecate Enthroned
Because it's dark!

blackmetalsteve6

Jul 1, 2020 16:27

Impious devious leper lord by mayhem cause its f**kin awesome
Or journey to the end by windir also cause its f**kin awesome

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 1, 2020 16:44

Would love to record myself playing something, regardless of how good it sounds, probably the last goodbye from the hobbit movies, and have it played to the surprise of the audience

Warlock67

Jul 11, 2021 05:33

"f**k the World" by Chaotic Dischord

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 11, 2021 05:37

This is actually a hard one, let me get back to you on it lol

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 11, 2021 08:43

Depeche Mode - Walking in my Shoes

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 11, 2021 08:45

Not really sure what the song is intended to be about, but I've always considered it a reflection on the past.
My life has been pretty f**ked up from day one, and quite frankly anyone else trying to play the hand I'd been dealt would crash and burn.
So it's always been a song about that, try to live my life and do better.
You'll fail.

Loki

Jul 11, 2021 09:16

dont think it matters anyway, no one will be there to hear it lol forever alone!

id just die silently in a woodland and never be found and never be missed or noticed that im gone.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 11, 2021 09:25

Yeah i'd not want to bother people with a funeral either honestly... But something annoying and really not me would be it.. I think Aqua. Barbie girl.

Bree

Jul 13, 2021 22:34

did I die?

well f**k.

Gothicvamp777

Jul 14, 2021 00:28

Right Side of Hell- Five Finger Death Punch

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 14, 2021 06:12

Who let the dogs out.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 14, 2021 14:47

FFDP is so fücking lame. Figures ol’ cornball Vamp would choose the corniest, cheesiest band to play at his cheesy-ass funeral.

Gothicvamp777

Jul 14, 2021 17:18

Go f**k yourself Grumman

Gothicvamp777

Jul 14, 2021 17:19

I relate to their music

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 14, 2021 17:56

You relate to their lameness most of all though.

(・`ω・)

Jul 14, 2021 22:18

I’m glad you’re dead, by bobaflex 🤣🤣

Naw um prolly some breaking Benjamin followed up by some get scared. Just cuz (〃 ̄∇ ̄)

Gothicvamp777

Jul 14, 2021 22:32

You relate to my d**k Grumman

(・`ω・)

Jul 14, 2021 22:34

If he’s related to your d**k then wouldn’t that mean he doesn’t exist?

emperorroberto

Jul 15, 2021 00:26

I think songs played in your death bed is more important than funeral

Gothicvamp777

Jul 15, 2021 04:54

Exactly

(・`ω・)

Jul 15, 2021 05:24

Psh!!!! Not true at all!!! You want people to feel all kinds of messed up emotions when they’re at your funeral!! Death bed is just sad. Nothing more. Better to go out swinging in my opinion

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 15, 2021 06:26

Reads comments... looks again... re reads comments... still can't even....

emperorroberto

Jul 15, 2021 06:44

Deathbed is your final hours of life so you're still around to hear it.I mean yeah,it makes sense that the funeral is for the ones that cared about you but people really sit around and talk regularly until the ceremony.I find the closing of the casket to be the sadest part.

emperorroberto

Jul 15, 2021 06:49

Death of someone you cared about a shock at first,a change of life and then you get use to the change w mentionings of the dead every once in a while.Sooner or later we becomes stories told to those who didn't know us and eventually depending upon your religious beliefs a grave w a name on it and no one knows who we were.

Alma Alice

Jul 16, 2021 02:25

I've actually thought about this and already told my friends what I want played at my funeral if I die unexpectedly..
I want the Edward Scissorhands theme tune just because it's a magical piece of music..and also the violin version of Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.. just because I love it..
They had better remember though..!

Silver Shamrock

Jul 16, 2021 03:03

Exit Music by Radiohead and Volvere by Deigo Verdaguer come to mind.

emperorroberto

Jul 16, 2021 08:40

That's beautiful music,Edward Scissorhand's theme.Yeah,but better ror deathbed.I've also thought the whole score to The Crow and Lost In Translation's soundtrack song titled something like Girls?I think?

Throne off the scent

Jul 16, 2021 09:18

Probably chance by a band called big country. Although it's a bid depressing.

Maybe something more upbeat from them king of emotion.

Alma Alice

Jul 16, 2021 09:28

emper..I honestly don't think I could bear to listen to that music if I was on my deathbed..I'd be too sad to let it go. Probably I'd ask for sea sounds so I can just drift off to sea...but ideally dying in your sleep is best I think.

emperorroberto

Jul 17, 2021 02:39

Yeah,I've had thoughts but wouldn't you want to see the last glimpse at life but thought about it and you see death so yeah,dying in your sleep is the best way to go.Not saying to be sarcastic or mean or whatever just past thoughts.

Emo_Brat94

Jul 17, 2021 10:34

In the end by the black veil brides because it has very reliable lyrics that speak to my heart.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 17, 2021 13:06

I always like songs with reliable lyrics. It’s just nice to know they’ll always be there for you when you need them, and they’ll always be the same, no matter what. Nothing better than a trusty, dependable lyric, especially when it gets cold in winter.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 17, 2021 17:39

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead by I have no idea but it’s from The Wizard of Oz 🙂. There is also a really dramatic classical piece which I would like playing as I’m laid to rest (curtains closing around the coffin) but I have no idea what it’s called.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 17, 2021 17:44

Got it! Carl Orff - O Fortuna Carmina Burana.

gotunk

Jul 19, 2021 00:33

Something positive but suiting, something by Stan Bush, Bowie, or Weird Al.

emperorroberto

Sep 19, 2024 01:10

-

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Sep 19, 2024 02:53

Could i have smells like teen spirit for 200 dollars?

Daddy Gru

Sep 19, 2024 03:22

Nice to see that the previous iteration of me was still picking on Vamp three years ago 😂

Halloweenforever

Sep 19, 2024 07:59

*Afromania - Minna no Peace
*Creature Feature - Buried Alive
Dragonforce - Heroes of our Time
FamilyJules - Binding of Isaac guitar medley
Jake Kaufman - From The Shadows (Plains of Passage)
Judas Priest - Halls of Valhalla
Manowar - Die with Honor
Myrtorp - Astral DImension
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
S.S.H. - Travel Demon
SilvaGunner - Boo Night Fever (Alternate Mix)
Toby Fox (+ many other people) - Cascade
Tony d**kinson - Solstice Title Theme

Halloweenforever

Sep 19, 2024 08:01

Oh and most importantly
Zyrra Miller - WIth Your Drill, Pierce the Heavens!

Anthony55

Sep 19, 2024 18:17

Evanescence my immortal

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.