AltScene
EliteSingles.com
EliteSingles.com

Deleting fake accounts?

Deleting fake accounts?

Lexi_poo Created Sep 6, 2024 23:02
17 Comments

If they delete fake account/ catfish profiles, why do they not delete people with accounts of random photos, only animated photos, or ages listed clearly incorrectly?

This topic has 17 comments

Neon Bright Star ⭐

Sep 8, 2024 00:11

My OG account on here got deleted for having a fake age (102). I think it's based on if Neil catches it or not.

Looney

Sep 8, 2024 00:13

I think if you’re over eighteen he doesn’t really care. I keep my age set to 100 because I think it’s fun to have people guess. I also reported a sexual assault and he left the guys profile up and active so I don’t think he cares about deleting anything.

Lilly

Sep 8, 2024 00:42

I’m still mad about that

Wolfboy20

Sep 8, 2024 00:59

To be fair running a website and server maintenance and having to approve every profiles new picture is a lot of work, and can be overwhelming (I helped run a site once and it was horrible) plus you have to verify the reports and information and then report the i.p to the proper authorities before you take action ;w;

WalterLuigi

Sep 8, 2024 01:05

They do. My og profile had my real age and real pics of me but I uploaded a picture of broccoli for s**ts and giggles and got banned

WalterLuigi

Sep 8, 2024 01:08

@Wolf that's very fair. The sites I used to run I honestly killed off due to how much work moderating them was. It's a full time job, and this site is just an old college project of his. We're lucky the admin even still leaves it up as it likely generates very little income for him compared to his other stuff.

Wolfboy20

Sep 8, 2024 01:10

Yeah owner probably only gets paid a lil from ads sadly, they should make a donation page.

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Sep 8, 2024 01:14

Amusingly if you get your account banned and log into it, you can see the previous pay to use version of the site, least way back when i did a thing, so it shows all the pricing and "other" sites with options and so forth. Rather interesting.

Lexi_poo

Sep 8, 2024 02:08

I see a lot of profiles with only cartoon pictures though and profiles with only body parts. I can't be sure, but i'm pretty sure Betty Boop and Ariel from the little mermaid are too busy to be having profiles on altscene. lol

WalterLuigi

Sep 11, 2024 02:40

@Malki that's weird man. My banned account just tells me the password is incorrect, and when you request a reset it says the account doesn't exist in the database. But when you try to recreate it says "this email address is already in use".

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Sep 11, 2024 03:45

Well i think my old one was merely disabled lol, logged in then and if i click messages it goes to a "upgrade" and for 3 pounds a month i can do a thing! could give you the details if you wanna look and see for yourself lol

Anthony55

Sep 11, 2024 07:37

Almost 25% are fake profile pictures

Daddy Gru

Sep 11, 2024 07:43

Probably about 22%, maybe 22.3 or 22.4, but certainly no higher than 22.5.

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Sep 11, 2024 07:58

Oh i get it now, he blocked me, i must be racist. But that aside, those are VERY specific numbers. I'd like to see where you got your sources from. I counter point that 69% are far to filtered, and that i said 69...

Daddy Gru

Sep 11, 2024 10:38

Anthony blocked you??

𝕞𝓪𝓵𝕜𝓲ẸᵃѶ€ⓛŁᶤⒶ𝓷

Sep 11, 2024 13:48

Yeah some time ago? he said he only blocks bad racist people i believe? I SWEAR it was a thing he said. Don't make me find it. If it helps i'm confused also? /shrug

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.